Do you want to add MBOX files to Yahoo Mail? If yes, then this article is for you. Here we will explain the two best ways to add individual or multiple MBOX files to Yahoo.com with all attachments and headers. Let’s get started.
MBOX is a file format supported by a wide range of email clients for Windows and Mac such as Thunderbird and Mac Mail. These files can contain a large amount of emails and associated attachments such as images, documents, etc.
Yahoo Mail on the other hand are email services that you can access using a web browser. It stores your data on a cloud server and gives you the flexibility to access it from any device. Despite having multiple features and diverse functions, Yahoo Mail doesn’t allow you to import MBOX files directly. However, there are alternative methods you can use to complete the task.
How to Add MBOX Files to Yahoo Mail
There are two ways to add MBOX to Yahoo.com. You can use Thunderbird client or automated software to get the job done. Thunderbird lets you add and manage multiple accounts and also supports MBOX files. So, after adding Yahoo.com to Thunderbird, you can import the MBOX file.
Method 1: Import MBOX to Yahoo with Thunderbird
- Open Thunderbird and go to “Tools” > “Account Settings”.
- Click on “Account Actions” and select “Add Mail Account”.
- Enter your name, Yahoo email address, and password.
- Click “Continue” and Thunderbird will automatically configure the settings for your Yahoo Mail.
- Once Thunderbird finishes, click “Done” to complete the setup.
- Now, in Thunderbird go to the Menu and select “Tools” > “Add-ons”.
- In the Add-ons Manager, search for “ImportExportTools”.
- Look for the “ImportExportTools NG” add-on and click the “Add to Thunderbird”.
- Once the installation is complete, restart Thunderbird if prompted.
- Now, open Thunderbird and select Yahoo Mail profile.
- Go to “Tools” > “Import” then select “Mail” and click “Next”.
- Choose “Import directly one or more mbox files” and click “Next”.
- Click “OK” and Navigate to the location of your MBOX file and select it.
- Click “Open” to start the import process.
- Thunderbird will import the MBOX files into your Yahoo profile.
This is the manual way to add MBOX files to Yahoo. As you can see, the process is very long and hectic. If you want an easier way to get the job done, consider the following method.
Method 2: Software to Add MBOX to Yahoo.com Directly
4n6 MBOX Converter is the most professional software to import MBOX files to Yahoo Mail account. It is completely standalone and does not need to set up any email client to add your files. This tool allows you to select single or multiple MBOX files and export them directly to Yahoo.
Unlike the manual method, this tool only takes a few steps to complete the task. We have described all the working steps of the tool below, please check it.
Steps to Use the Automated Software
- Add MBOX files or folders into the software panel.
- Click Export and select IMAP from the saving options.
- Enter Yahoo email address and password and click Save.
That’s it. This is how you can use the software to add MBOX to Yahoo. This tool comes in a free trial version. You can download the free edition of the tool using the link above.
In this article, we have provided you with a manual and professional way to add MBOX files to Yahoo Mail. While the manual method involves using Thunderbird, the professional method involves using an automated tool. You can check the methods in detail above and use them based on your convenience.